Sunday, October 1, 2017

Love is paramount - On Ahaan's 7th Birthday



Dear Ahaan,
I know you’ll be 7 tomorrow, and that with each step into your future, you will grow tougher and learn so much more. You’ve already lifted your own armor and prepared your own shield. And I see knowledge clinging to you everywhere.
Today I will talk about Love. There is veracity in the proverb that you cannot truthfully love others until and unless you love yourself. This phrase used to piss me off, as I thought it was selfish to do that and wanted my love to count for someone or something else. Don’t let that be your heritage; instead, make love for yourself your precedence — always. You are an incredible being, a bright star.
Let that be your guiding belief, not to swell your head and place you above others (that’s not your way), but to remind yourself of your strength, your wisdom, and your purpose. You do not know your purpose yet. That’s okay. Part of your task as a growing up humble human being, is to plumb your depths, the cosmos that lies inside you, until you find your purpose and live it.
I trust we are all here to love and be loved. So, give of yourself bigheartedly, freely, continually- a lot of love. Wear your heart on the outside and let your love shine forth. It will be a guiding light that calls other willing hearts to you. Yes, you will hurt sometimes. Yes, you will feel isolated sometimes. But let yourself love.
The road ahead will be brighter and promising. You are and will continue learning so many new things – good and bad – in your 2nd grade. I hope you make the right choices.  I know plentiful blessings wait for you along the way.
Ahaan, thanks for being my son, for being in my life – like a driving force. I’m in awe of this life we are living together and humbled by the abundance you bring to it each day.
Happy 7th Birthday Son!
Love, 
Maa

x

No comments: