Thursday, August 2, 2012

For The Love Of Shopping



Most of the women population of the world would confess to purchasing clothes just for the excitement it leads to. When I recently browsed through a few online researches online, as no alien to the poignant buzzing of shopping, I found some of the discoveries quite strange.
According to the grapevine, 16% of women "regularly" purchase clothes solely for the thrill factor, while an additional 56% confess to "sporadically" splurging out to boost up their wardrobe just because it does wonders to their mood making them feel better and more confident about themselves.  Additionally, it is certainly the buying spree, not the adorning of the newly bought clothes, that is imperative - more than 40% of the women folk confess to having up to at least 5 sets of new clothes with price tags still attached hanging in their wardrobe. Honestly, I myself have at least 12 such clothing (maybe more) in my wardrobe.
OK – So I got it. On occasions when I have got both the time and my husband’s hard earned wealth to indulge, I completely love shopping. The thrill begins while getting prepared to go out, builds further up, as I scrutinize each and every store, and intensifies when I stumble on the "perfect piece" to purchase.
The ecstasy is sharpest if a purchase is also a good deal: the designer shoulder bag for instance from Erento (http://www.erento.co.uk/ ) or the “hired”, evening dresses at an unbelievable price.  There are various other items on Erento that you can simply hire, use and return – all of it at a remarkably low price. Thank God, those IT men who brought in the conception of online shopping!

And, as I get older, the things I purchase don't essentially have to be for me. I get gigantic sensational contentment out of buying clothes for my toddler son, and I even get a kick out of purchasing cut-price watches from Erento (check out their collection of designer watches and  I bet you'll never pay full price again and hire instead).
I've discovered that age – dare I say middle age – also rages the perils of shopaholism. My purchases are less spontaneous and reckless than what they use to be and I don’t indulge in a shopping spree vaguely.
Researchers say that quite the opposite to women, over half the men reviewed, said they never purchase clothes to enhance their mood, with just 9% actually getting  a kick out of sartorial purchases. In that case, what is it about hitting the designer stores and exploring the ideal purchase that gives me such a high?
I'm very unconvinced of the response provided by an established psychologist who, when evaluating the research, remarked: "Purchasing clothes is just a replacement for wishing a hug. Several women fear closeness and purchasing new attire is a technique to feel great about themselves. Men conversely, have much less focus on clothes, or for that matter much less desire to be hugged. They would certainly have a preference for “no hugs”, a worn out pair of old jeans and a crate of beer..
So, if our men offered us supplementary hugs at home and we women whole heartedly welcome their embraces, retail sales in shopping stores and high streets would crash down, is it? I don't feel so.
For me shopping is therapeutic. It relieves my stress and makes me happy. Among all the treatment offered to cure sadness, the retail therapy succeeds hands down. Also my tip on how to stay within your budget limit – Simply tear down the price tag, as soon as you return. Takes away all the guilt.
So how do you look forward to or perceive shopping? Does it give you thrill or are you the kind of person who embarks on the high street for sensible reasons only?

Keep Reading!
Auteur

No comments: