Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Do you know what you want?



I wish my leading eye-opener this year is that I don’t actually know what I want.
Let me explain.
We grow up believing we recognize what we yearn for, but we’re mistaken. We all begin with the erroneous thought about it. Your entire life, society has guided you about the things you want in your life. Others recognize what they want you to want. Your relatives, family, your spiritual societies, your politicians and your bosses know precisely what they want you to want. You’ll acquire everyone’s idea except for your own, but these unfamiliar ideas will amass, and in the deficiency of your own they get you pursuing things.
We are not born being aware of what we want, either. Society presupposes they ought to know routinely what we want, which happens to be whatever the caucus it is in our traditions. For few it could imply marrying off to “a great provider”, for others it could imply striving for a higher management position, for others it could mean to earn money.
Then we grow to be adults and, if we’re fortunate, gradually discover that no one can train you about what you want. You trip upon it on your own- provided you do a lot o tripping over that is. Your parents weren’t aware what you wanted, they presumed it’s the same as what they wanted. The solitary thoughts they can offer you of what you must want are the needs they can recognize. Advertisers, for instance, do not know what you want, they look for it. The sole idea they can offer you is what they expect you want, which is to purchase their product or service from them.

Your individual idea emerges only when you have the real familiarity of what you want. You can’t distinguish until you experience it.  How promptly that happens depends on how frequently you do what you’re not accustomed to doing. That implies travel accelerates it, and habits repress it. Doing scary and unfamiliar things hastens it, doing comfortable things stifles it.
I’m gradually learning what I want, and I just started to learn, actually learn, once I found out that I don’t already identify what I want — that the things I’ve been pursuing all this while have infact been other people’s needs.

Some things I recognize I want, even if no one else wants me to want them are:
I would like more driving with the windows turned down and music turned off
I would like lesser time on smart phones and more time talking
I would like extra one-on-one coffees and brunch outings with friends
I would like more walking, less driving
I would like more relishing and less guzzling
I would like more floras
I would like to dress in outfits that let go of my inhibitions
I would like more time with a paint and brush in my hand and less time with a kitchen spatula
I would like more conversation and less thinking
I would like color synchronization
I would like baths with ambient melody playing in the backdrop
I would like to surprise people as much as I can
I would like to modify plans without worrying about it
I would like to transform the way you ponder about the significant things in life
—-
So what is that you want in life? Tell me, but don’t respond too hastily.
Keep Reading!
Auteur


No comments: