Friday, March 16, 2012

Falak Se Chaand Tak ( Sky and Beyond)


Like a reverie one wakes up from, Baby Falak will vanish from our conscience and our lives will go on, the way they were.

I still quiver when I recollect the horrific images of dreadfully defaced and abused women and children, some of them hardly 2 or 3 years old. The deep shame and disgust I felt with the male of the species, the main perpetrators of such crimes, is yet to leave me.

When I woke up to the news of Baby Falak passing away, my instant response at the time, nonetheless, was fury. Antagonism - not just at the perpetrators capable of such malevolence, such wickedness, but also at the law structure which permits them to subsist. Regardless of laws and regulations against parents deserting young children, against child abuse, against sexual abuse, against kidnapping – yet such crimes happen right infront of us. I wonder if Baby Falak was infact born to just show us how dead we are as a society.

If there’s a sole thing that makes me advocate the capital punishment, it is this.

Rapists and child molesters have no right to live. They ought to have an agonizingly painful and public execution. Given that the damage that they cause cannot be expunged with just a death penalty.

My verdict: If we were to lengthen this further, shouldn’t all those who abuse, exploit and prey upon the frail, the infantile and the vulnerable—in whatever way – also witness a similar doom?

Hopefully, Baby Falak was fortunate enough to wake up from this nightmare to find her in a better world.

Rest in Peace.

Keep Reading!

Auteur

No comments: